Week of February 17th-21st
Monday – E-Learning day (students at home)
For eLearning days, students will need to log into Google Classroom for their assignments for grades 3-5. Other grades have communicated their assignments in your students orange folder. Teachers will be available to help from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm constantly and periodically until 2:30. Once students have completed the assignments for that day, they will be counted present for that day. Students have 3 days to complete the assignments for an eLearning day, or they will be counted absent for that day. Monday, February 17 is scheduled as an eLearning day.
Please contact your students teachers with any questions regarding assignments for eLearning day.
After school activities this week: Rube Goldberg practice Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday until 5:00pm.
Boys basketball first round of tourney Tuesday, Feb 18 at 4:45 at Thomas Jefferson Elementary. If we win on Tuesday, we will play the second round at 4:45 Thursday, Feb 20 at Northaven.
Riverside Student Council supports Kindness Week
February 18-21, 2020
All week long the class that brings in the most boxed/can Food for Our Local Food
Pantry will receive a Special Activity! Please place non-refrigerated items in the box outside your class.
Thank Your Support Staff at School – Custodians, Office Staff, & Cafeteria
Wear RED to show your love!
Do a Kind Activity for Someone at school!
Write a Smile-o-gram to someone special!
GCCS PRESCHOOL NOW ENROLLING!
- Open to ALL students who will be 4 Years old by August 1, 2020
- ALL Day Program
- Transportation Provided
- $150 per week
- Developmental Curriculum to Support the WHOLE Child
- Curriculum to ensure Kindergarten Readiness
NEED FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE?
- Parents receive a ONE FREE YEAR voucher for preschool! Families may also be eligible to receive a full time On My Way Pre-K grant including care during the summer months (CCDF) after the PreK program ends.
- On My Way Pre-K (OMWPK) is Indiana’s state-funded pilot administered by the Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA). The primary goal of the On My Way Pre-K program is to promote access to high-quality pre-K for low income children.
- Possible reduced rate if not eligible for On My Way Pre-K voucher
- Greater Clark County Staff will receive a reduced rate of $75 a week
The application will be available on the GCCS website https://gccschools.com
Slots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.
Greater Clark County Schools
812-288-4802 extension 50203
222 East Spring Street | New Albany, IN 47150
Saturday, February 29, 2020
10:00 am – 2:30 pm (Doors open at 10:00 am)
Please plan to be our guest!
13TH ANNUAL Neighborhood Health Fair
FREE services provided to all:
FREE Vision Testing (includes specialized tests for children 2-6 yrs. old), FREE Eyeglasses, FREE Blood Pressure & Flu Shots FREE Healthy Lifestyle Education FREE Women’s Health Screening & Education, FREE Chiropractic Screenings, FREE Haircuts FREE Dental Screenings, FREE HIV Testing, FREE Veteran Resources, FREE Mammograms
Events coming up:
February 20th & 24th – Final rounds of Boys basketball tournament games
February 21st – Spring Pictures