Riverside Elementary School
Return to School Plan
Social Distancing in the Classroom:
- Student desks are moved apart to maintain social distancing as space allows.
- Student desks will all be facing one direction.
Movement Between Classes:
- Schedules have been adjusted to allow for fewer students in the hallway during transitions.
- Students will maintain distance in the hallway. Hallways will be marked accordingly to help students visualize the distance.
- Bathrooming and handwashing throughout the day will be scheduled.
- Students will be encouraged to wear masks in the hallways and other settings outside of their classroom.
- Students will not mix with other classes for special area, lunch and recess.
- Assigned seats will be utilized.
- Cafeteria furniture will be rearranged to ensure social distancing and limit exposure.
- The schedule has been expanded to allow for more social distancing between classes and grade levels.
- All food and materials will be handed directly to students from the cafeteria staff wearing masks and gloves.
- Food sharing will be prohibited.
- For students who purchase breakfast at school, breakfast will be served in the classroom.
- No classroom visitors or lunch visitors.
- Visitors to RES for parent or office meetings must call ahead to make an appointment.
Cleaning and Sanitizing:
- RES staff will all work to keep surfaces clean.
- Staff members will clean frequently touched surfaces throughout the day and conduct overall cleanings at the conclusion of every day.
- Desks will be sanitized throughout the day. Teachers will have access to cleaning supplies for their classroom.
- Facemasks are highly recommended as a way to prevent the spread of disease. Students will be asked to wear a mask when social distancing is not possible and during transition times throughout the building.
- Facemasks are required for bus transportation and during car rider dismissal when social distancing is not allowable.
- All staff will be required to wear a mask/face covering when they are unable to social distance unless they have an underlying health issue that precludes them from wearing a mask.
*This is our Riverside plan as of 7/21/20. Subject to change as guidelines evolve at the GCCS district and Indiana State levels.